From you, I receive, To you, I give, Together, we share And thus, we live….
The inner Path being walked on our planet has been shown to me in this way:
- We learn that we must constantly give in order to be of value to our families and society, so give, we do, even to the point of making martyrs of ourselves, expecting to get validation from society in return. We become independent, strong, efficient and capable. We owe “nuffin to nobody”…. Do a Google search of “Giving and Receiving” and observe the flood of messages telling you that “To give is better than to receive”. This is profoundly programmed in us.
- We become tired and frustrated – eventually, enraged – by never receiving anything. We blame our families, our bosses, society… authorities of all kinds. They have never seen our true worth! We’ve given so much, without ever getting back what we were supposed to get – it was in The Contract! We know that we have given and given until we exhausted ourselves and our resources, but has anyone else ever noticed? I’ll never let anyone take advantage of me again! I demand to be seen! I DESERVE MORE THAN THIS!!!
- We begin to recognise that we never learned that it was good to receive. Being on the receiving end of things makes us weak, indebted… We have to manipulate in an imaginative variety of ways to get what we want and need, because all we perceive is humiliation in situations where we are obliged to ask for help. When opportunities arise for us to receive – from a compliment to physical gifts, to any form of immaterial aid – we often sabotage them.
- We become aware of what we have learned from our parents, our families and society about the power of giving and the weakness of those who “get”. We begin to see the links between what was taught us about Being a Woman and about receiving. Gradually, we open our minds and hearts to the possibility of interdependence – that we are all part of a tightly-woven web of Being. As compassion grows within us for our ancestral lineages and the wounds that we have been bequeathed, little miracles begin to occur in our lives: signs and portents…unexpected openings…sweet surprises….
- It could be that at first we receive these gifts with bitterness – Now? After all this time? Where were you then, when I really needed this? Sometimes, we are just overwhelmed with sadness for the drought of our lives, spent “heroically” lacking what we have just received. The identity of the Giver is often so strongly opposed to the Taker that to feel pleasure or gratitude in receiving makes us insecure! We find fault in everything that Life offers us, so this carefully-constructed identity can remain intact.
- Then, maybe we’ll spend some time in the countryside, bathed in the energies of Nature. Or perhaps someone close to us will have enough delicacy or frustration to finally confront us with our lack of ability to receive from them. It could be that our deep malaise sends us looking for and eventually finding answers in books, courses, or in some therapist’s office. Or…our hearts inexplicably burst open one day to the smile of a stranger – because it is Time. In one way or another, we fully receive what is offered to us and gratitude fills our hearts. The vibratory frequency of gratitude radiates from our hearts, spreading to every cell of our bodies.
The entire multiverse breathes a sigh of relief – another knot has been undone, and Love and Abundance can flow more freely throughout the Web of Life….
Where are you in this adventure? The whole of Life awaits you…